Sunday, September 5, 2010

Labor Day & The American Flag


"PAWtriotic" VS. "PAWlitical"
HAPPY UPCOMING, FLAG FLYING, LABOR DAY!!

LIFE SNIPPET: I started a NEW body of work this past March that features my own dog, Delta, at various historical locations with the good 'ol American flag. These new images have been aptly christened "The PAWtriotic Series" and will be available soon as a boxed set of notecards. It is my hope to partner with an appropriate organization to "give back" some of the proceeds.

FYI: Initially one of the above two images was to be chosen as a promo piece for a mass mailing to announce an upcoming Animal Show at a local Malvern Art Gallery.  Unfortunately, both were declared "TOO political" to use.  I personally think a dog carries no biases and crosses all classes, easily representing everyman anywhere.

So to ALL the everyman, everywhere Americans across this great country--what do you think the flag represents?  Please take a look at the rest of the PAWtriotic images and write an opinion. Am I barking up the wrong flagpole?  My inquiring mind wants to know!!

PS: Please do cast your paw before September 10th, for stayMor.com photography to be counted and considered as the Best Pet Photographer for the "Top Dog" spot on Philly's HOT List.

5 comments:

  1. I definitely feel these are more about patriotism then political sentiments. In fact, they feel very appropriate for the anniversary of 9-11-2001. It's a shame that a art gallery is afraid to "make a statement". Isn't that what art is about?

    ReplyDelete
  2. These pictures are very patriotic....The only one that might be misconstued is the title "right to bear arms." I associate that with the gun lobbies and right wing political lingo. The pictures are clearly patriotic and also showing a love for animals. They are true gestures of love and should be considered just that. sharon sweeney

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the images are sensitive and somber reminders of our free country and the price we pay for that freedom. The dog "man's best friend", appears vigilant and respectful in all images. I think these images are beautiful and moving tributes. Janice Strawder

    ReplyDelete
  4. Please let me know when the boxed cards are available. I love them! Patriotic is not the definition of political, I just can't believe how "they" have forced the American flag to mean allignment with a certain political agenda.
    Linda Miller

    ReplyDelete
  5. I see beautiful, heartwarming images in these artistic photos...certainly nothing politically incorrect in need of censorship!

    Janice T.

    ReplyDelete