Wednesday, October 21, 2009

"At Home With An American Girl"


LOCATION:     Wayne Art Center, Davenport Gallery
                    413 Maplewood Ave., Wayne, PA
EXHIBITION:    Member's Juried Exhibition
                    October 25th to November 21st
JUROR:          Michael Gallagher, PAFA Professor
AWARD:        The Ritz Camera Award

The juror, Michael Gallagher, Associate Professor of Painting at the Pennsylvania Academy of Fine Arts, selected 78 works from a pool of 149 entries.  The above entry by fine art photographer, Stacey P. Morgan, is a B&W, hand-painted, limited edition (1/8), archival inkjet photograph entitled, At Home With An American Girl and received The Ritz Camera Award.

LIFE SNIPPET:   This happens to be a picture of my daughter so it doesn't get anymore personal than that when photographing.  I showed it to her after it was hand-painted and framed, right before I took it to the art center.  I said, "What do you think?" and she said, "I don't really like it that much.  I don't think it looks like me."  After I won the award from the juror and told my two kids the good news during dinner, my daughter changed her tune.  She said, "So you mean I won!"  And I said, "I guess, in a way you did."  She then skipped out happily to tell all her neighborhood friends--so I think she likes it now?!

No comments:

Post a Comment